Monday 27 August 2012

Another Coffee Table, New Colour, New Graphic

Having used the Cacao Payraud advertisement many times now, I thought I would try something new - so I spent a pleasant hour or so trawling through the Graphics Fairy images and came up with this one.
As usual my very clever, steady handed daughter Laura painted on the graphic, whilst I did the painting, staining & waxing.  With this one I thought I would give the top a darker stain as the pine was a very orange colour, which isn't my favorite shade of wood colour! I tried a walnut colour and I am pleased with the result as it does give an 'old' look.
I painted the legs with some 'Old Fashioned Milk Paint' that I had - I mixed Sea Green with Snow White and it came out this gorgeous Duck Egg colour - I then waxed it with clear wax and the finish is very smooth and very tough.  In fact the toughness was tested well and truely when my old french doors I use a a back drop for some of my photos came crashing down straight onto my freshley waxed table legs! to my amazement there was not a mark to be seen!

So looking forward to the Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint arriving, I have projects waiting and I'm itching to get started!
Bye for now
CJ
Homespun Happenings

 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! It turned out beautiful and inspired me for my coffee table that needs finishing. Thanks for the beautiful peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely CJ. Isn't it great to be able to go to the Graphics Fairy and find such amazing downloads.
    Love the mix of stained and painted wood, and what a great colour.
    I don't know much about milk paint - have you done a post on it, or perhaps you'll do one when your new supplies arrive ! ? !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. CJ, this is gorgeous! I love the walnut--so rich! Perfect! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful transformation! Found you through Homespun happenings!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table! I love that graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the graphic! Wonderful work.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete